From looking into the first few , I could tell that this exercise would be very useful and ideas flooded my head as I began to think of ways to convey the gothic atmosphere and high emotional response it envokes.
As well as looking at some more influential modern gothic films such as "the orphanage" and other more period pieces such as "sleepy hollow ", " the woman in black " and "rebecca"
I came across genres which I had originally wanted to explore and didn't think would fit into the gothic eutectic which now I have taken a second glance at I can see that they would not only fit well , but there is a specific sun genre already present.
so at the moment I have an ever growing list of periods, genres , artists and works to look at :
- American Gothic.
- Urban Gothic
- Suburban Gothic
- Futuristic Gothic
these are only a few that I will now have a look at in order to propel my research further.
No comments:
Post a Comment